Planning on playing golf? More than 70 golf courses make the Costa del Sol the leading golf destination in Europe, for amateurs as well as professionals. In addition to it’s top-notch infrastructure for golfers, the Costa del Golf is blessed with a pleasant climate that invites you to play all year round.
- Estepona Golf – one of the oldest courses, friendly and informal, 18 holes
- La Resina – favourably priced, 9 holes
- La Quinta – very popular course for all levels, lots of water and gentle slopes, 18+9 holes
- Atalaya Golf – an old classic course and a new challenging one, 2×18 holes
- El Paraíso – flat course for all levels, 18 holes
- Los Arqueros – challenging, lots of water and hilly, not suitable for beginners, 18 holes
- Monte Mayor – beautifully designed, steep hills and valleys, difficult,18 holes
- Finca Cortesín – one of Spain’s best golf courses, all levels, 18 holes
- Valle Romano Golf – closely situated to Estepona, 18 holes
CYCLING, MOUNTAIN BIKING AND JEEP SAFARI
There are a number of addresses in Estepona where you can hire bicycles, at the business centre in the port or behind the boulevard at G2move and Radikal Bike. Depending on your level you can make incredible trips through back countries, choosing between steep climbs or quietly along the flat promenade. At the local rider’s association Unión Ciclista del Carmen, members as well as non-members are welcome to ride on the weekend trips of 120 km.
- X-life tours in Marbella organizes sporting mountain-bike trips, across rivers and beautiful nature in the mountains between Estepona and Marbella.
- Also at BikeStation in Marbella you can rent bikes, or book a trip. +34952861807
- The organizations Born-to-Be-Wild-Eco Tours +34606454431
- Montesol Buggy’s Aventura +34951120378 explore the mountains and hills by jeep or dune buggy safari.
- Selwo Aventura, a wonderful zoo, set up as a vast safari park with various activities and shows for all ages, which is almost too much to see in one day and do, especially for older children and adults – Fri – Sun: 10.00 – 18.00
- Dolphin ECO-Tours (Born to be wild adventures)
- Blue Dolphin Beach Club. Tuesday – Sunday, trip 2 hours
- Castellar Zoo, a smaller zoo, it started as a shelter. It is fun for the little ones as you can hold and pet the animals – Mon – Sun: 10.00 – 20.00Fuengirola:
- Bioparc, very well-kept zoo, where you can see the animals up close, especially fun for children – Mon – Sun: 10.00 – 18.00
- Mariposario, an indoor butterfly garden, educational and beautifully executed, with more than 2000 different kind of butterflies – Mon – Sun: 10.00 – 18.00
- Selwo Marina, a dolphinarium and Penguinarium where every hour dolphin and sea lion shows are held – Fri – Sun: 10.00 – 18.00
- Sea life, a huge aquarium, which is given many explanations during the feeding sessions and children are actively involved – Mon – Sun: 10.00 – 17.30
- Torremolinos: Crocodile Park, a zoo where you can admire huge crocodiles and alligators and even hold them. The feeding time shows are interesting for the young and for the old – Mon – Sun: 10.00 – 17.00
In the port of Estepona, you can book many trips, sailing a catamaran during sunset, spot dolphins, go fishing and sailing with Diederik. Next to the Carrefour the organize specialized dolphins trips that have a 2-hour duration. In summer you can spot early killer whales, whales and dolphins, early in the morning by Gibraltar and Tarifa.
- Diederik: +34676270994 Prestige Fishing Tours Estepona: +34619212809
- Catamaran: +34952896055 Blue Dolphin: +34639720246
- Gibraltar Dolphin Tour: +35020050650 Tarifa Whale watching: +34639476544
In the port of Estepona at the dive centre Buceo Estepona you can follow a full PADI course or a single dive with trained instructors.
The season in the Sierra Nevada starts around December 1st and ends in April, there is 110 km of slopes for both experienced skiers and snowboarders and beginners. Because of the altitude, there is always snow, even if you can lie on the beach on the coast. On weekends and public holidays, it is very busy and the wait for the ski lifts can be very long, it is quiet on weekdays.
Horse lovers can enjoy their stay here, you can make here on the outskirts of Estepona incredible and beautiful trail rides, you can also take lessons or even enjoy a horse show. At most of the riding school you can rent caps and boots, but it is preferable to bring your own riding trousers.
- Riding fun in the sun in Casares +34650149518
- Finca Caballos al-Kadar: +34660448034
- Yeguada la Granja: +34670613346
- Every Wednesday from 17.45 to 22.30 there is an impressive traditional Spanish dressage show at El Ranchito in Torremolinos, dinner included.
Estepona: In the Peña Flamenca at the Plaza Fuerzas Armadas you can find on Friday nights live flamenco music and dance performance. For pop and rock show you can go to the Louie Louie Bar in the port, (open Wed – Sun). And you can find live music during sunset Saturday and Sunday at Lolailos and Havana (Playa del cristo).
Estepona / Marbella / Málaga / Gibraltar: In the summer great international artists and bands come and perform in various locations on the Costa del Sol. At the tourist offices you can reserve and pay for online tickets or have a look at the concerts agenda.
- Las Mesas, Calle Eslovenia, +34952113211, open every day, Mon – Fri 7:30 – 23:00,Sat 8:00 – 21:00, Sun 8:00 – 15:00 padel, tennis, fitness, zumba, dance, individual or group classes
- Polideportivo del Carmen, Avenida Huerta Nueva, +34952802444 aerobic classes, padel, rock climbing, skateboarding
- Supera, Calle Ciudad Real, +34952791591, open every day: 8:00 – 24:00 fitness, yoga, pilates, zumba, group classes, covered pool and sauna
WATER AND LEASURE PARKS
- Algeciras: Bahíapark +34956633330: very big and well organized water park, open from 9th June – 2nd September: 11.00 – 19.00
- San Pedro:
- Costa Jump: indoor trampolines, open Mon: 0:00 – 24:00, Tue – Fri: 16:00 – 21:00, Sun: 10:00 – 22:00
- Natura Aventura: rock climbing, kayaks, caves, quads, open every day
- Ojén / Marbella:
- Monte Aventura, A great experience for all your senses. The Active Holidays where you´ll be the hero, +34656960478 or +34952881519. www.monteaventura.com
- Mega bowl: Mon – Sun: 10:00 – 22:00
- Elviria: Aventura Amazonia: zip-line park for young and old, open every day
- Mijas: Parque Acuático +34952835505: water park, open from April – October, Mon – Sun: 10;00 – 19:00
- Benalmádena: Tivoli World +34952577016: amusement spark with over 40 attractions, open from April – October, not open every day, in summer every day.
- Benalmádena: Cablecar teleférico +34902190482, wonderful views over the coastline of the Costa del Sol, Mon – Fri: 10:00 – 14:00 and 15:00 – 18:00, Sat: 10:00 – 14:00
- Torremolinos: Aqualand +34952388888, biggest water park on the Costa del Sol, open in May, June, Sept and Oct: 11:00 – 18:00, July – Aug: 11:00 – 19:00.
Adres / Address
Calle Mondejar 30
29680 Estepona, Spanje
+34 677 89 63 45